A-Institutionalized Ethics Committee (IEC), Mangla Hospital &RC, Bijnor, UP
Chairman: Mr. O.P.Goel, Retd Judge, Bijnor
- 1-Prof. J.P.Agarwal, Principal, Krishna College, Bijnor
- 2-Dr. K.P.Singh, Retd. Lecturer (English), Vardhman Degree College, Bijnor
- 3-Dr Vijay Singh, DCH, Pediatrician, Bijnor
- 4-Dr. Rahul Kumar, MS, Practicing General Surgeon, Bijnor
- 5-Prof. P.K.Tyagi, Associate Professor, Dept of Zoology, Vardhman Degree College, Bijnor
- 6-Mr Prashant Goel, LLB, Practicing Lawyer, Legal expert, Bijnor
- 7-Mr Anand Tiwari, SMC UNICEF, district Bijnor
- 8- Dr. Vipin M. Vashishtha, MD, Director, Mangla Hospital & Research Center, Bijnor.
B-Research activities conducted at Mangla Hospital & Research Center, Bijnor
Encephalopathy outbreaks in western UP
- Vashishtha VM, Kumar A, John TJ, Nayak NC. Cassia occidentalis poisoning as the probable cause of hepatomyoencephalopathy in children in western Uttar Pradesh. Indian J Med Res. 2007 Jun;125(6):756-62.
- Vashishtha VM, Kumar A, John TJ, Nayak NC. Cassia occidentalis poisoning causes fatal coma in children in western Uttar Pradesh. Indian Pediatr. 2007 Jul;44(7):522-5
- Vashishtha VM, Nayak NC, John TJ, Kumar A. Recurrent annual outbreaks of a hepato- myo-encephalopathy syndrome in children in western Uttar Pradesh, India. Indian J Med Res. 2007 Apr;125(4):523-33.
- Vashishtha VM, John TJ, Kumar A. Clinical and Pathological Features of Acute Toxicity due to Cassia occidentalis in Vertebrates. Accepted for publication in Indian J Med Res.2009.
- VashishthaVM. Mystery behind mysterious disease: far from unraveled! Indian Pediatr. 2004 Feb;41(2):204-5.
- VashishthaVM. Brief profile of an epidemic of acute encephalopathy in Western Uttar Pradesh. Indian Pediatr. 2003 Sep;40(9):920-2.
- VashishthaVM. Reye's syndrome-- an interesting epidemiological correlation. Indian Pediatr. 2000 Mar;37(3):343-4.
- Prevalence of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis infection in western UP Circulating strains of Measles virus in Bijnor
- Immunochromatography-based Diagnosis of Rotavirus Infection in Acute Diarrhea.
- Attitudes and practices of auxiliary nurse midwives and accredited social health activists in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar regarding polio immunization in India.
- Comparison of attitudes about polio, polio immunization, and barriers to polio eradication between primary health center physicians and private pediatricians in India.
- Attitudes and perceptions of private pediatricians regarding polio immunization in India.
- A fatal outbreak of Trichosporon asahii sepsis in a neonatal intensive care Unit.
- Emergence of metallo-β-lactamases and carbapenem resistance.
- Etiology of acute bacterial meningitis in hospitalized children in western Uttar Pradesh.
- Molecular epidemiology of measles in India, 2005-2010.
- Molecular epidemiology of measles in India, 2005-2010. Pradesh.
Measles virus in UP:
Collaborative projects with other institutions
- National Institute of Virology, Pune
- National Institute of Communicable Diseases, Delhi
- Emory University, Atlanta, USA
- Indian Institute of Toxicological Research, Lucknow